Monday 23 June 2008

The first Interview

Pocahontas: Dear Pocahontas, please tell us, why Pocahontas?
Me: There are a lot of reasons. Well first of all, I had to find a name I can remember in the many web sites and online social communities I have registered for, didn't I. But then I was quite surprised to find that I was actually the first one to use that name in a lot of cases. Now it has become a bit of a race for me to be the first Pocahontas on a web service.

Pocahontas
: Uhugh, I think I got the point... So let's move on to your motivations for this blog.
Me: Well I have moved to Italy about a year ago to work for Gruner+Jahr/Mondadori, an Italian-German joint venture that publishes magazines, more and more also online. In this, there are already two very strong reasons to start writing about it, aren't there: all my funny experiences in Italy and especially my learnings about the Italian online and media business.

Pocahontas
: What are you most interested in?
Me: Business wise I am would like to learn about all new developments on the internet and how they are perceived and used in Italy. I would like to meet more geeks, who do the development themselves and can tell me what is going on in their communities. And of course I am interested to learn about all the fresh ideas and courage present in little internet startups, maybe here right around the corner! Of course, like all girls, I am really interested in bags and shoes, so I think Milan, the world capital of (window) shopping and center of Italian media industry, is the perfect place to be for me. And don't forget the food! I love to eat and there is absolutely no better place to eat than Italy!

Pocahontas: Listen, I am hungry. Can we finish this interview some other time?
Me: OK, you go ahead, I still have some work to do here!

No comments: