Monday 23 June 2008

Bamboccione

Once upon a time, a very long time ago now, about last Friday, I was riding in a cab through rainy Milan. You need to know that whenever it starts drizzling there will be a complete traffic breakdown in this city probably because people here have never seen rain before or at least that's how it seems. So the ride became a prolonged business and my limited ability for Italian conversation probably started to bore the cabbie pretty soon because he called a friend with his cell phone to tell him about his new great Brasilian girlfriend. They met through the girlfriend of a friend and hooked up within a week. She was in Italy only for a couple of month and had to return to Brazil but is now coming back and they will move together and live happily ever after. And yeah man, it really is a serious thing because, hey, in the two month they were together in Milan, he hardly slept at home. So that indeed, after a while, so he continued to explain: "My mother stopped calling me and didn't even send me anymore sms asking me where I was!" I still don't know how the serious their relationship is but I seriously almost choked from trying to stifle my giggles.

No comments: